YOUR KNITWEAR CONNECTION

Knitting sets your mind free and makes you see the other side of whatever this will be.....the purlside or the happier side of life!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Kate Middleton Angora Bolero/Shrug


I really love it when I get to see the finished garments knitted from my patterns. And this one especially! This bolero is knitted from my Royal Wedding Shrug Pattern. This wedding took place in Scotland. I feel so honored!
I know there are more patterns out there but I still like mine the best. It is not a 100% copy of the bolero Kate Middleton wore on her wedding day but it is something that even the not so experienced knitter could tackle and you don't have to pick up stitches around the fronts which can ruin the look immensely. 
I know the purchase price for the angora yarn is high but you can still wear the bolero after the big day. Also - no future queen would have worn something made out of cheap material. 
As an alternative for the angora yarn I would recommend two strands of a lace weight mohair yarn held together, e. g. Rowan Kidsilk Haze yarn which comes in many beautiful colors as well, the bridesmaids could wear a matching colored bolero! 
Thank you Enid for choosing my pattern and sending me these gorgeous pictures!

3 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

It is beautiful Angela. I am still hoping for an occasion to make it. Still am kicking out your headbands. Like the bolero, there are many headband patterns out there but yours is the best :)

Absolute Knits said...

Thank you! Glad you like the headband pattern! I have made quite a few myself!

mackyton said...

These are amazing ideas for wedding shrugs. I am arranging my niece’s wedding and have booked one of amazing wedding venues nyc. Searching for perfect wedding dresses and your idea of wedding shrug caught my eye. Hope to get a beautiful dress for her.